Travel Information - General

On the arrival of your International flight into Johannesburg. If you arrive in Johannesburg in the morning or mid-day you can fly straight down to Port Elizabeth or East London the same day. If you are arriving in Johannesburg in the afternoon/evening you can over-night, most hunters will overnight at the Afton Safari Lodge. Afton Safari Lodge will pick you up at the airport, they have comfortable, secure, accommodation, and will deliver you back to the airport to continue your journey the next day.

On arrival in Port Elizabeth or East London, you will be collected by your professional hunter. The drive is approximately 2 hours to the lodge for the Port Elizabeth or East London Airport. Please note that the transfer between Port Elizabeth/East London and the hunting lodge is FREE of charge.

VERY IMPORTANT! - Traveling with Firearms

Fly with South African Airlink from Johannesberg to East London. Do not fly with South African Airways as they do not allow firearms onbaord.

Also make sure your flight is booked on a South African Airlink plane, as they allow firearms to be transported. Beware of any linkage to Mango Airlines and they can be a real problem if travelling with firearms. British Airways does not carry Firearms between Johannesburg and Port Elizabeth/East London. The recommended route to fly if traveling with a firearm will be Johannesburg-East London on South African Airlink. If you are hiring a Firearm from the Outfitter, then all airlines can be used to Port Elizabeth or East London.

Clients travelling with Minors

Make sure to have an "unabridged" birth certificate showing the particulars of the parents of the child if traveling with a child under the age of 18. If only one of the parents is with the child you will then need a written consent in the form of an affidavit from the other parent on the birth certificate authorizing the child to enter or depart from the Republic of South Africa, or a court order granting you full parental responsibilities and legal guardianship, or a death certificate of the deceased parent.

If you are not one of the child's parents, then in addition to the birth certificate, you also need an affidavit from the parents or legal guardian confirming the child has permission to travel with you. You will have to have copies of the parents' identity documents or passports and the contact details of the parents or legal guardian.


The Eastern Cape: is Malaria and Bilharzias-free, no vaccinations are needed prior to your safari. We advise you to obtain some sleeping tablets, as they will help get over the jet lag and adjusting to our time difference.

You are advised to take medical insurance before you leave home. Most hospitals have emergency and casualty wards.

Shots and precautions are necessary almost everywhere you travel outside of the United States (if you originate from the States). Depending on the area that you are travelling to, different precautions must be taken. The areas that we hunt in South Africa are malaria and yellow fever free. These areas normally require you to be current on your M.M.R., and Tetanus. We also recommend Hepatitis series as well.


Bottled water is always available.


The voltage that is used in the Eastern Cape is 220/230 Volts 50HZ. We do have adapters for electronic devices, however if you need a special adapter please bring one with you.


Take into consideration when packing for your safari that laundry is done daily at the lodge.

Currency & Credit Cards

The currency in South Africa is measured in Rand (R). Most international credit cards are accepted at formal businesses. All VAT is included in your quoted price for your safari.


© Game 4 Africa Hunting Safaris - 2022 | Links | Travel Information - General

Website Design and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) by ZAWebs Designs | Web Hosting by ZAWebs Hosting